Family owned and operated Mid County TX martial arts academy
Opened in 1984, Tiger-Rock Mid County TX martial arts academy is led by Senior Master Wayne Mathews! Master Mathews has been with the Tiger-Rock Martial Arts family since 1982.
The Mid County TX Martial Arts academy differs from many martial arts schools by focusing on what the student does right and helping them build further success in their martial arts training by capitalizing on what each student does well. We offer four rigorous age-based programs that promote physical fitness, self-defense training, and life-skills education.
In addition to the core taekwondo program, we offer group self-defense courses.
As a part of Tiger-Rock Martial Arts International, the world’s largest martial arts organization, Tiger-Rock students have the opportunity to compete in martial arts tournaments throughout the year including the local District Championships in the fall, National Championships in the spring, and World Championships during the summer.
Tiger-Rock Mid County Martial Arts academy is a wonderful place for you and your family!
Tiger-Rock students enjoy the many benefits especially when first starting:
- There are specialized classes, specific to each groups unique classroom needs: Two kids programs – Tiger Cubs (ages 4 – 5), Juniors (ages 6 -12), a teen martial arts program, and an adult martial arts program.
- Students can start any time and blend into the academy with other beginners.
- New classes are forming daily.
- Annually qualified instructors are dedicated to excellence and continuing education.
- Students can move forward at their own rate and not as a class unit.